Sunday 16 December 2007

Small Rant...

I see on today's BBC website that several top British authors have approached the government about declining standards in children's literacy asking that children be encouraged to read for an hour each day. On Belle's night out on Friday themymblesdaughter and I had a quick conversation about the crisis in publishing in Britain. What crisis I hear you ask, well the one that means that the best selling books each year are generally connected with a film, television programme or have a celebrity endorsement, which means that its hard for new writers, both fiction and non-fiction, to get published, let alone make some money from their efforts. The sublime example of this was on Jonathan Ross on Friday night, Kerry Katona was on promoting her new work of fiction by Kerry Katona, which to be fair she admitted wasn't actually written by her. I rest my case..

No comments: